1. Beat the eggs and add the milk, lemon zest, sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg
2. Dip the slices of bread in the mixture for 5-6 seconds, turning them once to soften well.
3. Caramelize the pears: in a non-stick pan melt the butter and add the pears, turning them regularly to brown on both sides.
4. Add the honey and vanilla to the pears and mix. Let them soften for another 4 minutes on low heat. When they are ready, remove them from the pan and cover them to keep them warm.
5. Bake the french toast: in a non-stick pan melt the butter on low heat and add 1-2 slices of bread, depending on the size of the pan we have. Let the slices brown for 1-2 minutes on each side. If necessary, add another 1 kg of butter to the pan.
6. Transfer the french toast to a plate and add 1-2 tbsp ricotta cheese to each, pears and walnuts.
7. Optionally add a little more honey on top.
Calories: 206 kcal
Saturated fats: 4.3 gr
Carbohydrates: 23.4 g
Sugars: 11.5 gr