Casserole Octopus with potatoes
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hours
- 1 octopus (1,250-1,500 g.)
- 4 medium potatoes (roughly chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1 tbsp KYKNOS tomato paste
- 1 box Chopped tomatoes KYKNOS
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 bunch parsley (chopped)
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Clean the octopus and put it with a little olive oil in a pot that has been heated very well. Cover and leave it on a low heat for 20-30 minutes, to simmer and release its liquid. Cut it into pieces, while keeping its juice. Then, heat some olive oil and saute the onion and garlic. Add the undiluted KYKNOS Tomato Paste and mix with a wooden spatula or spoon. Add the octopus and "extinguish" with the wine.
Wait a few minutes and add the chopped KYKNOS tomatoes, bay leaf and salt and pepper to the pot. Simmer for about 15 minutes and add the potatoes to the pot. Cook until the octopus and potatoes are soft and the food is left with its sauce.
Serve on plates, sprinkling with extra freshly ground pepper and chopped parsley.
• Boiling time depends on whether the octopus is fresh or frozen.
• The taste of the food will be greater if it is cooked only with the tomato sauces and you do not add extra water, so you should always have it on a low heat.