Mozzarella Arancini (Fried Risotto Balls)
By Stavri Kaourani
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 300g rice for risotto eg arborio
- 1 beef stock cube
- 100g mozzarella cut into small cubes
- 50g grated parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 fresh baguette
- 20g of butter
- 6 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 400ml sunflower oil for frying
- 1 jar Casino organic tomato puree
1. Cut the bread into very small pieces or turn it into crumbs in a food processor
2. In a large saucepan, boil the stock in 800ml of water. As soon as the water boils, add the rice and cook, stirring regularly, until the water is absorbed.
3. Add the parmesan to the rice as well as the butter and mix.
4. Once the rice has cooled slightly, add one egg and mix with quick movements. Add some pepper at the end.
5. Cut the mozzarella into small cubes.
6. With wet hands, form a small ball with the rice and place a mozzarella cube in the middle.
7. Shape the balls so they get a uniform shape.
8. Prepare 3 soup plates: put the flour in the 1st, the beaten eggs in the 2nd and the grated bread in the 3rd.
9. Pass each ball from each plate and fry them, allowing them to cook and turn golden.
10. Once cooked, place them on a paper towel.
11. Heat the tomato puree over low heat for 2-3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
12. Enjoy the rice croquettes hot and dip them in the tomato puree.
Calories: 250 kcal
Saturated fat: 3 g
Vegetable fibers: 0.4g