Soup with miso and chicken
By Stavri Kaourani
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1.5 tbsp miso paste
- Fresh grated ginger (3-4 cm)
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 large carrot cut into slices
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms or 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 sliced celery
- 200g chicken breast in strips
- 2 bunches pak choi (cabbage)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
1. In a large pot, dilute the miso paste with ginger and garlic in 3 fl hot water and stir until the paste dissolves.
2. Add the carrots, mushrooms and celery. Let them simmer for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the chicken strips and let it boil with the rest of the ingredients for 15-20 minutes.
4. At the end, add the pak choi and let it boil for 2 minutes to keep it crispy.
5. Serve the soup in bowls and pour a little sesame oil on top.
Saturated fat: 0.25g
Vegetable fibers: 0.99g