Creamy chestnut soup with parsnips and bacon
By Stavri Kaourani
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, melted
- 4 peeled parsnips, cut into cubes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400ml milk of your choice
- 200g of cleaned chestnuts
- 1 tsp thyme
1. Fry the bacon until it becomes crispy
2. Remove the bacon from the pan and add the onion and garlic. We mix
3. Add the parsnip and let it soften for 5 minutes
4. Crumble the cube and add the milk and chestnuts
5. Cover the pan, lower the heat and let all the ingredients simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add the thyme, salt and pepper
7. With the help of a blender, puree the ingredients into a soup and divide it into bowls.
8. Chop the bacon and garnish.
Saturated fat: 1.5g
Vegetable fibers: 0.7g