Savoury cake with feta cheese and sundried tomatoes
By Stavri Kaourani
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 inutes
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 200 g feta cheese lightly mashed with a fork
- 1/2 cup grated kefalotyri cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup strained yogurt 2%
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5-6 chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sesame or sunflower seeds for sprinkling
1/2 tsp of spices:
1. In a bowl, beat the eggs well with the hand mixer or the kitchen wire and add the olive oil and the yogurt
2. Pour the flour with the baking powder in the same bowl and continue mixing until all the ingredients are homogenous.
3. Add the cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, and spices.
4. Pour the mixture evenly into a lightly buttered elongated form (24 x 13), sprinkle with the seeds and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown on the outside.
5. Place a toothpick in the center of the cake to see if it is baked.
6. Once it is ready, wait for it to cool for 10 minutes and then cut it.
For a portion of 60 g
Fat: 11.9 g
Saturated: 3.8 g
Carbohydrates: 13.7 g
Fiber: 0.6 g
Sugars: 1.3 g
Proteins: 6.8 g